As we patiently await the next episode of Downton Abbey Season Five, we just couldn’t resist creating our own portrayal of the two opposing worlds that share one roof in our favorite post-Edwardian estate: upstairs and downstairs.
Our Upstairs Collection embodies the sophistication and grandeur of British aristocracy, and our Downstairs Collection illustrates the practicality and austerity of the working-class dwellers who served them.
Downton fans, we’d love to hear from you! Which collection strikes your fancy: upstairs or downstairs?
1. Spanish Oil Painting of Holy Mother Giving Rosary to Spanish Priest
2. Pair of French Empire Period Candelabra | 3. French Directoire Table
4. English George III Library Chair | 5. Italian Empire Style Crystal Chandelier
6. 19th Century Gilt Brass Tiara | 7. Large Silver Plate Tray
8. English Art Nouveau Silver Vanity Set | 9. English 19th Century Tall Case Clock
1. English Sack Back Windsor Armchair | 2. French Copper Cocotte
3. American 20th Century Lidded Copper Pot | 4. French Black Striped Grain Sack
5. French Green Lidded Confit Jar | 6. French Country Bread Board
7. French Cherrywood Farm Table | 8. Early 20th Century French Butchers Block
9. Pair of English Victorian Pewter Food Domes
Images via: Traditional Home (Upstairs collection) and PBS (Downstairs collection).