You may have heard that the design star of 2015 is rich, full-bodied, and elegant. We’re talking, of course, about Pantone’s color of the year: Marsala. Like the piquant wine that gives it its name, Marsala is an earthy, reddish-brown hue that exudes confidence and richness.
Marsala pairs perfectly with myriad shades you probably already have in your home: grays, amber, umber, greens, and blues. So add a touch of drama to any space with our Marsala-colored Venetian settee, chinoiserie secretaire, French mantle clock, or any of our other favorites from The HighBoy.
We’ll toast to that!
1. 18th Century Venetian Settee | 2. Chinoiserie Red Painted Secretaire
3. Pair of French Louis XVI Style Marble Urns
5. Latin American Double-Spouted Antiquity Jar
6. Emile Gallé Purple Glass Vase
7. French Ormolu Bronze and Marble Mantle Clock
8. Champagne Marceaux Vintage Poster
The HighBoy is nominated in three categories of the Design Bloggers Hall of Fame! Best Writing; Best Graphics, Photography, and Presentation; and Best New Design Blog! If you’ve enjoyed our blog today, would you go vote for us? We would be so thankful!