Brooke Shields: trailblazing actress, style icon, and American sweetheart. And, it turns out, design maven, as proven by the stunning living room in her Greenwich Village townhouse, designed by David Flint Wood.
Traditional pieces such as Louis-XVI style pair of bergères and a 19th century Italian side table are juxtaposed with a mid-century coffee table and contemporary artist Keith Haring’s eye-catching pop art. The result: a perfect amalgamation of old and new. Antique gilt frames with portraits of Shields’ daughters create symmetry around a beautiful marble mantle, fashioning an intimate setting for family gatherings.
Brooke’s model interior décor affirms what we have known all along: Nothing is more stylish than infusing a modern home with antiques.
And even if you aren’t a star of screen and stage, you can take a cue from Shields’ style and shop the look today.
1. Pair of Gilded Louis XVI Bergères
2. Italian Neoclassical Style Carved Bust of Apollo
3. 19th Century Italian Marble Top Side Table | 4. French Empire Chest of Drawers
5. Louis XV Dore Bronze Table Lamp | 6. Antique “Mrs. Beeton’s Needlework” Book
7. Vintage Hammered Cocktail Shaker
Image via: Architectural Digest.